Monday, April 15, 2013

Date Night





at the top
At the base

 We enjoyed a small break from all these April showers and a glimmer of sunshine poked through the clouds for a brief moment, and Mr. and I took full advantage.  We also had a small break from Little Miss and Little Mr. at the same time.  For our date night, we decided to go on a hike.  I almost talked myself out of it a million times, thinking, it’ll take too long, it’ll be too cold, it’ll get dark too soon, etc.  I’m quite sure I had more excuses not to go, but the excuses to go (it’s free) won out.  I’m so glad they did, because we enjoyed the experience tremendously.  The trail is classified as a 1.75 mi easy/intermediate hike.  So I thought, ok, I can run 3 miles while pushing a double jogging stroller, how difficult can it be….  Wow! I really should work out more, especially on the stair master!  I struggled a lot more than I thought I would, but I also did a lot better than I thought I would after we started.  The view at the top was magnificent and beautiful.  The peace of nature and looking down on the hustle and bustle of a college town on a Friday night helped put life into perspective for us.  I am so grateful for the health that I am blessed with.  I know what lying in a bed, not being able to even sit in a chair feels like, though I know that is nothing to what some have gone through health-wise.  Anyway, I saw how far I’ve come, but also how far I still have to go.  I’ve lost weight by changing my food habits, now I have to start an exercise regimen.  On the hike someone had motivational quotes posted at each turn and one of them said, “Be proud, but never satisfied”, perfectly summing up my experience this weekend.

*p.s. all the excuses I had NOT to go, were all false! We didn't run into any of those "potential" problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment